Sunday, October 02, 2005

emergency broadcast

this is frightening, very frightening: (and yes I know it's been posted at american samizdat but I read it in the paper this morning since I'm down in dc with my folks and this was my immediate reaction).

"Biohazard sensors showed the presence of small amounts of potentially dangerous tularemia bacteria in the Mall area last weekend as huge crowds assembled there, but health officials said they believed the levels were too low to be a threat." (via Washington Post)

I need to do more research on this, but it sure sounds like the US Government released a biological weapon that it created on the anti-war protestors who assembled last weekend on the mall. They claim it's not contagious person to person, and yet almost everyone I know is suddenly sick with symptoms that sound an awful lot like those of the released disease, tularemia.

please keep in mind this may not be true, but the article does not go into great depth of detail. Either way, the mere possibility that our government is attempting to infect protestors, or endanger the lives of its citizens in any way is enough to make me sick, and could infuriate people nationwide. Reminds me of the last big protest there where several people died of menengitis.

Please spread this information, and if you have came in contact with anyone who was in dc last week and you are showing signs of this disease, please seek medical attention.

1 comment:

Tait McKenzie said...

nice, I used to work as a lifeguard for a really shady pool company who not only posted me alone without a manger's certs at this one pool but absolutely ignored regulating the chemical content of the pool till it turned green and algaeish. Oh, it was also in a poor black neighborhood.

never saw that when they posted me at the yuppie country club.

go figure.